By invitation only, the 2011 Academy is an intensive professional development event designed to raise student achievement by building and empowering school leadership--the catalyst for high performance. It offers interactive sessions that will allow school and district based participants to share best practices in the school improvement effort. Subject areas are relevant to the differentiated accountability school improvement model, including the use of data to drive instruction, the implementation of school and district monitoring systems, and the use of a district turnaround office.
Unique Academy Features
- Now in its ninth year
- Statewide, LEADERSHIP development event
- 4-5 person teams—Principal, AP, Teacher Leaders such as science, math, and reading coaches
- Interactive presentations from education experts
- Unique skills and strategies for leading change in school, faculty, and student performance
- Creation of leadership plans to synergize change leadership and teamwork at school
- Guidance from mentors—veteran, successful educational leaders and practitioners
- Demonstration of best practices and programs for improving student performance
The Academy is held in partnership with the Florida Department of Education.
Visit them today at www.fldoe.org.
The 2011 Leadership Academy is generously sponsored by Council for Educational Change corporate partners: Akerman Senterfitt, Blue Cross Blue Shield of Florida, Inc., Carnival Cruise Lines, Etraffic Solutions, Inc., and Publix Super Markets Charities.
Our most sincere appreciation to this year’s Florida Leadership Academy educational sponsors for their support: Successmaker and NovaNet (Pearson Digital), FCAT Achiever and Study Buddy Handheld Tutor (Brainchild), Voyager (Cambium Learning Group), ACALETICS (Educational Development Associates Inc.), Gizmos (ExploreLearning), Progress Monitoring Assessments (Write Score) and Shared Inquiry (The Great Books Foundation/Junior Great Books).
Participant reaction from the evaluation of the 2009 Academy:
100% agreed the Academy experience helped them grow as an educational professional
100% planned to implement Academy ideas and learning at their school
- “I have learned a lot. I will do my best to implement many of the strategies back at my school.”
- “Day 2 really focused the group on specific information needed to drive results and achieve school improvement. I have also been starving for additional information on the infusion of good strategies to improve science within my school. (Thank you.)”
- “The Academy has been such a rewarding experience… I am certainly sure that the new school year will be greater due to the strategies I have learned and will implement this fall. Thanks to the Council, the Academy was well organized and presented in such a professional manner. Please keep the Academy going!!!”